2016-2017 Uniform Policy
Uniforms are a part of life at St. Joseph School. It is school policy that students wear uniforms and that each student follows the uniform code. The uniform policy is established to promote fairness and equality, instill discipline, prevent disruption, and avoid safety hazards. All students P-8 will wear uniforms during the school day including class trips away from the school, unless otherwise noted by the supervising teacher. Students failing to follow the policy will receive a uniform infraction notice, and if possible, the school will correct the problem with uniforms in our used uniform closet. If we are unable to correct the situation, parents will be notified to bring the correct uniform apparel to school. Students will remain in the office until the correct uniform is brought. (See uniform components in next section.) We ask that parents enforce the uniform code with your children by making sure that they are properly dressed before leaving home. This will cut down on classroom time being taken away by dealing with uniform infractions. We also request that your child comes to school appropriately dressed for the weather, especially during the winter months. Our students typically go outside for recess even when it is cold, so ask that they come prepared for this during the winter.
The approved vendor for the SJS uniforms is Lands’ End School Uniforms. There are NO approved vendors through any Bowling Green merchant. If uniform components are purchased from other vendors, they must look identical to the components from Lands’ End. This includes style as well as color. Keep in mind that there are varying shades of navy, khaki, and red and only the ones from Lands’ End are the approved colors.
a note from our principal on uniforms
Dear SJS Families,
We have decided to use Lands’ End School Uniform as our school’s only uniform vendor beginning in the 2013-2014 school year and beyond. Lands’ End has been in the uniform business since 1997, and they currently provide uniforms to more than 6,000 schools worldwide – outfitting more than 1.5 million students.
Here are some of the reasons we chose to make this change:
- Land’s End provides award-winning customer service: Lands’ End consultants are available by phone for questions or ordering 24/7 at 1-800-469-2222.
- Lands’ End provides custom online ordering: You can link to the St. Joseph School custom web experience from our school website. Once there, you can create a profile, and the shopping experience is tailored to the criteria you have entered (i.e. grade range and gender).
- Lands’ End provides promotional offers throughout the year: Please visit landsend.com and sign up to receive news and promotions sent directly to your e-mail address.
- Lands’ End provides quality products – guaranteed: Lands’ End uniforms are Guaranteed. Period. Washed, worn, embroidered – if you’re not satisfied, neither is Lands’ End. Love it or send it back!
- School Logo is available on shirts, sweatshirts, fleece vests and jackets: Lands’ End will embroider our school logo on all uniform shirt, sweatshirt, sweater components, and fleece components if you choose to order them that way.
- SCRIP Cards can be used for your purchase: Lands’ End gift cards are available through the SCRIP program and can be ordered and purchased through our development office. The Lands’ End gift card has a 16% rebate toward your SCRIP accrual.
- Lands’ End will provide sample components to the school for fitting purposes: Included with this letter is also a “Fit Guide” which can help with ordering. We will notify the families when these components are available.
The students can continue to wear the Shaheen’s uniform components for the 2014-2015 school year, but that will be the last year for those components. Included with this letter is a “How To” order uniforms and “Fit Guide” for your information. When placing orders please use the St. Joseph School Preferred School number (900044157) to ensure that our school receives the School Rewards contribution from your Lands’ End purchase and to ensure that you are only ordering our approved uniform components.
Mrs. Jan Lange