Extracurricular activities help our students build leadership and enhance their gifts and talents.
At St. Joseph School, extracurricular activities provide the opportunity to continue developing mind, body and spirit outside of the classroom. These activities encourage learning, leadership, communication, creativity, and community.
All advisors and coaches of extracurricular activities are volunteers. Parents are encouraged to volunteer and/or start activities in which they are interested. Your interest and willingness to take the lead in enriching the experience of our students adds to the vibrancy of our school community. Thank our volunteers for their dedication in helping your child to learn and grow.
We are pleased to offer a wide variety of activities throughout the year. To learn more about participation and eligibility requirements stay up to date on the weekly school newsletter, The Scene. Students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities that interest them, but it is secondary to academic studies. Students with an academic grade below a C in any subject or a conduct grade of “3” will be suspended from participation in extracurricular activities until the grade is raised. All volunteers are “Safe Environment” trained and complete a background check.
Year Round Programs
- Accelerated Reader
- Title One and Resource Program
- Speech Therapy
- Quick Recall and Academic Teams
- Kentucky Youth Assembly
- Student Council Executive Committee
- Middle School "House" System
- Lectoring at School Masses
- Altar Servers
- Music ministers for school masses
- Safety Patrol
- Library Club
- Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts
- Junior Achievement
- SJS News Team (2nd & 3rd quarters)
- Duke University 4th Grade and 7th Grade Talent Search
- Knights of Columbus Flag Day Essay Contest
- The President's Award for Educational Excellence and Educational Achievement
- Knights of Columbus Citizenship Award
- Spelling Bee & Geography Bee
- Honor Roll
- Halloween Talent Show
- Country Peddler "Design an Ad"
- Christmas Program at VanMeter Auditorium
- Spring Art & Music Programs